Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Worst Date of My Life!!!!

Tonight I had a date with the guy that the matchmaking service set me up with. As mentioned in the title it did not go well. The only way it could have went worse is if he followed my home and tried to continue the date. The date started out decent. He's not a bad looking guy. Oh, but how looks can deceive! The first few moments were awkward, but I thought he was just shy. Nope, not really. Within the first few minutes, he revealed his history of two DUIs and getting his license taken away. Then he revealed he wasn't a full electrician. He has been studying to be one for the last 10 years and has dropped out of school at least 3 times.

Have you ever been in a situation when you were afraid there was no escape? When it seemed like every moment stretched out before you while you were being slowly tortured? Our date was kind of like that. On a scale of 0 to 10, I give it a negative 1002. Each sentence he spoke was done with slow deliberation. I learned about ten minutes into the conversation that that was probably from the head injuries he had while he was in a car accident. I have no idea if that was when he got cited for a DUI, but I am going to assume so.

The worst part of the whole thing was that he seemed to be having a good time. He was completely oblivious to the fact that the conversation sucked. He was completely oblivious to a lot of things. Maybe it was the head injury. I barely sidestepped suggestions of another date. I would rather be boiled alive in hot oil while all the drug addicts that I've denied throw hot coals at me. The only thing I have to be thankful for today is the fact that I am no longer in that restaurant with him. I am very depressed now. Apparently, according to matchmakers my ideal match is an alcoholic with a head injury. I'm starting the paperwork on the adoption from China tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment