Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Romance novels...and real life

I have always been a romance novel fan. From the very beginning where boy meets girl and the butterflies begin, to the happily ever after, they make me smile and feel hope for about five seconds. Lately, I've begun to wonder if they aren't part of the problem though. If you aren't in a romance novel, what kind of love are you supposed to expect? I've been in love, really in love, probably only once. I have told others I loved them, but I don't know if I really knew what it meant.

The beginning of a relationship is always like opening a fresh romance novel for me. I'm anticipating the happy ending and positive that it will come. I start every relationship with good intentions, but when things start falling short, I kind of fall apart. Then everything falls apart. I have grown so accustomed to the endings of relationships that I can see them a mile away. Usually, there is a slight knick, then a wide tear, and then finally the whole dang thing splits wide open.

Would it be better to just read novels and live vicariously through them or to take another chance on love? Sometimes I honestly don't know anymore. How do I trust my instincts or myself anymore? Sorry, not very funny or appetizing stuff but this is my blog so I'm allowed to be a little moody sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment