Thursday, February 24, 2011

Becoming a Better Me

Okay, so that title is a little new age, but I'm trying to be a better me so it fits. So, I started this at the beginning of the new year and how are things going so far? I would say fair to medium.

Number one change: losing weight. I'm trying but it's a lot tougher than most "skinny"people think. I started bootcamp yesterday, and believe me I am soooo sore. I feel like I've been run over by a mack truck. My ex would tell me to get out and exercise more and that will get rid of the soreness, but thank goodness he isn't here anymore. I'm trying to do better on the diet front and I've done a bit better this week. I just have portion control issues. I've been known to eat a whole pizza in one sitting. Trying to do a little (well, a lot) better than that.

Number two change: dating. That one is a bit harder. Over 30 men are not exactly knocking on my door. The matchmaker set me up with one other guy, and we had a 2 minute conversation over the phone. He said he would call me back and then never did, so we are 0 for 2 on that front. I'm taking this latest rejection with a grain of salt. He didn't know me so in the end he wasn't really rejecting me. I'm still on eHarmony and the guys there are a bit better. Unfortunately, my pics on there are a bit old, so I'm afraid I'll be accused of false advertising once they meet me. Hence, the trying to lose weight before I actually meet any of them.

Number 3: my attitude. Things are good on the attitude front. I feel pretty good about myself and my future. Whether Mr. Right is out there or not really doesn't matter as long as I'm happy. Even though I know that, there are still days where I get aggravated and just wish he would show up already. But as long as I'm happy day to day and I understand that I'm a good person single or not, I think I'll be okay. My goals are to save money and get a new house (with a yard) where I can raise whatever children come along (regardless of the man or not). This is all within my 5 year plan. I know that sounds a little stuffy, but having a plan helps me to not panic about the future.

Well, that's my update...Only 9 months and some change left for the year so I'll continue to work hard for a new me!

No comments:

Post a Comment